Brisbane Concert Choir at St Andrew’s will gather and keep records of the Names and Contact Details of persons who have expressed an interest in the Choir. Such records will be kept in accordance with the following policy, which meets or exceeds the requirements of the Spam Act 2003:
1. The primary use for which lists of records are to be maintained is to provide a cheap and effective means of communicating news of the Choir’s activities, such as the details of annual programs, notice of coming events, and special offers to potential members of our audience, supporters and sponsors.
2. A record may only be created with the express consent of the person to whom it refers.
3. Each record shall only be used for the purposes for which consent has been given.
4. A record may only be used for a different purpose from that for which it was created by obtaining the consent of the person to whom it refers.
5. A record may not be sold, transferred, or used in any way, by Brisbane Concert Choir or any other party, without the express consent of the person to whom the record refers.
6. At any time, permission for any or all uses, or for the keeping of the record, may be revoked by the person to whom it refers. In this case, the requested change will be effected as soon as possible in the normal course of business, and within five working days maximum.
7. Email messages will be sent so that only the email address details of the sender and of the recipient are revealed to the recipient.
8. Any attachments will be scanned with the latest available version of anti-virus software before transmission.
9. Every email shall contain accurate and current contact details for Brisbane Concert Choir, and shall describe one or more simple methods by which a recipient may request removal from a list, or a change in permitted usage.
For further information search the web for Spam Act 2003 Australia.
|Email Webmaster. Logo design Gary Fredericks. Email List Policy Statement|